The °®Âþµº °®Âþµºâ€™s recognition program acknowledges individuals along their career path for their service to the district and public education. This program is a part of the districtâ€™s culture and celebrates many wonderful staff within the district, as well as those who support our staff and students.
Recognition Week consists of the KUDOS (Kenosha Unifiedâ€™s Dedicated Outstanding Staff) rewards, wherein employees with 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 years of service are thanked for their continuous service to KUSD. It also embodies Gratitude Gifts for retirees who are embarking on their next chapter in life. The week ends with the Spark Awards when individuals who have been nominated and selected for their dedication to the students and families we serve, as well as the education profession in general, are celebrated throughout the district.Â
The Spark Awards recognize staff and Friends in Education. Spark Award winners are recognized for their ability to impact academic achievement through relationships, innovation, instruction, communication, and professional learning and ethical practice. Friends in Education are recognized for their unwavering support of our students, staff and schools.Â
Recognition Week 2023
- Monday, May 1: Recognize all staff celebrating their 5- and 10-year anniversary*
- Tuesday, May 2: Recognize all staff celebrating their 15- and 20-year anniversary*
- Wednesday, May 3: Recognize all staff celebrating their 25-year anniversary*
- Thursday, May 4: Recognize all staff celebrating their recent or upcoming retirement**
- Friday, May 5: Recognize 2023 Spark Award and Friend in Education winners
* Anniversaries will be pulled as of Sept. 30 and will not be retroactive. If your anniversary falls after Sept. 30, you will be recognized the following school year. Only consecutive years of service are counted in this program.
** Retirements are based on those who filed official paperwork with the Office of Human Resources between April 1 of the prior year through March 31 of the current year. Following this yearâ€™s Recognition Week, retirees will begin receiving their retirement gift from KUSD upon submission of official paperwork to the Office of Human Resources. This will allow us to honor retirees at the time they make this very important decision, rather than having to wait for a single week each year.
- 2022 Friend in Education winners (PDF)
- 2021 5-year anniversary honorees (PDF)
- 2021 15-year anniversary honorees (PDF)
- 2021 25-year anniversary honorees (PDF)
- 2021 Retirement honorees (PDF)
- 2021 Spark Award winners (PDF)
2020 and prior year’s recipients
In 2020, KUSD implemented a new recognition program in an effort to recognize more staff districtwide. This moved from the groupings seen below to the Spark Awards and milestone recognitions noted above.Â